From the above figure, we find that the sliding support and the handle are rusted to varying degrees. It should be known that the sliding support and the handle are usually made of 304 stainless steel. So many people's first reaction is, how can stainless steel rust? This slide and the handle is not the quality of the handle, but the material or the material is not stainless steel?
In fact, this is a misleading view of stainless steel. Stainless steel also rusts under certain conditions. Stainless steel is not completely rust-free. It is only capable of resisting atmospheric oxidation (stainlessness) and certain resistance to acid and alkali (corrosion resistance). However, the size of stainless steel and corrosion resistance depends on the chemical composition of the steel itself and the conditions and environment of use. Such as 304,316 stainless steel commonly used in door and window hardware. 304 stainless steel dry clean atmosphere, there is absolutely excellent resistance to corrosion, but it will be moved to the sea area, in the sea fog with a lot of salt, will quickly rust; and 316 steel pipe performed well. Therefore, not any kind of stainless steel can resist corrosion and rust in any environment.
What are the specific causes and treatment methods of stainless steel rust?
1. The surface of stainless steel contains deposits of dust or other dissimilar metal particles containing other metal elements. In humid air, the condensate between the deposit and stainless steel connects the two into a microbattery and initiates an electrochemical reaction. The protective film is damaged, which is called electrochemical corrosion.
2. The surface of stainless steel adheres to the organic matter juice (such as melon vegetables, noodles, soup, etc.). In the presence of water and oxygen, organic acids are formed, and organic acids attack the metal surface for a long time.
3. The surface of stainless steel adheres with acids, alkalis and salts (such as alkaline water and gray water spray on the wall), causing localized corrosion.
4. In contaminated air (such as an atmosphere containing a large amount of sulfides, carbon oxides, and nitrogen oxides), condensed water is formed and sulfuric acid, nitric acid, and acetic acid liquids are formed, causing chemical corrosion.
1. The surface of the decorative stainless steel must be cleaned and scrubbed frequently to remove attachments and eliminate the external factors that cause corrosion.
2, the use of 316 stainless steel in the waterfront area, 316 material can resist seawater corrosion.
3. Some chemical compositions of stainless steel pipes on the market cannot meet the corresponding national standards and reach the material requirements of 304. It will also cause rust, which requires the user to carefully select products from reputable manufacturers.